Affiliation: Department of Economics and Finance (DEF) - University of Tor Vergata
Other Affiliation: SEEDS
Address: via Columbia n. 2, 00133 Roma
Telephone: +39 06 7259 5927- Fax: +39 06 2040219
Web page: www.alessiodamato.eu
Research Interests: Environmental policy, crime and corruption, climate change.
Alessio D’Amato is Assistant Professor (Ricercatore) at the University of Rome "Tor Vergata", where he concluded his Dottorato di ricerca in Economics (Teoria Economica ed Istituzioni) in march 2003.
As a graduate student, he spent one year as a Visiting Graduate Student at the University of York, Department of Economics and Related Studies, and he is currently performing joint research with national and international scholars, as well as with colleagues in Tor Vergata.
He is member of the Italian Public Economic Society (SIEP) and of the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (EAERE) and he presents his work yearly in the Conferences Organized by those Association. He was also vice-chair of the Local Organizing Committee for the 18th Annual EAERE Conference, held in Rome – Tor Vergata.
His research activity is focused on: Theory of Incentives. Environmental Regulation under Asymmetric Information. Emissions Trading and their implementation. Optimal Pricing and Use of Natural Resources.
- D'Amato A. Mancinelli S. e Zoli M. (2016) "Complementarity vs substitutability in waste management behaviors", Ecological Economics, 123: 84-94.
- Borghesi S., Crespi F. D'Amato A., Mazzanti M. e F. Silvestri (2015) "Carbon abatement, sector heterogeneity and policy responses: evidence on induced eco innovations in the EU", Environmental Science and Policy, 54: 377-388.
- D'Amato A. e B. Dijkstra, (2015) “Technology Choice and Environmental Regulation under Asymmetric Information” Resource and Energy Economics, 41: 224-247
- D'Amato A., Mazzanti M. e F. Nicolli (2015) “Waste and Organized Crime in Regional Environments”. Resource and Energy Economics, 41: 185-201
- Cainelli G., D'Amato, A. e M. Mazzanti (2015) "Waste reducing technology adoptions by firms: policy, sector and geographical factors." Resource and Energy Economics, 39. 53-67
Events & Presentations
- Vice-chair of the Local Organizing Committee for the 18th Annual EAERE Conference, held in Rome – Tor Vergata (2011)
- Co-chair of the Organizing Committee for the 1st Annual IAERE Conference, held in Ferrara (2013)
Research Programs & Projects
- ISAAC - Increasing Social Awareness and ACceptance of biogas and biomethane – collaboration with Italian CNR.
- CECILIA2050 - Choosing Efficient Combinations of Policy Instruments for Low-carbon development and Innovation to Achieve Europe's 2050 climate targets” – collaboration with University of Ferrara Unit.
- Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research, PRIN 2010/2011 on “Climate change in the Mediterranean area: scenarios, economic impacts, mitigation policies and technological innovation” – local unit coordinator (since 24/02/2015, local unit participant up to 23/02/2015), Rome Tor Vergata Unit.