Affiliation: Department of Economics and Finance (DEF) - University of Tor Vergata
Address: via Columbia n. 2, 00133 Roma
Telephone: +39 06 7259 5923
Web page: www.economia.uniroma2.it/iozzi
Research Interests: Industrial organisation, Regulation, Public economics
Alberto is Associate Professor of Economics at the Faculty of Economics of the Università di Roma "Tor Vergata" since 2004 . He was Ricercatore (Lecturer) in Public Economics at the Faculty of Economics of the Università di Sassari from 1995 to 1998 and, from 1998 to 2004, at the Faculty of Economics of the Università di Roma "Tor Vergata". From October 2004 to September 2008, he was Honorary Research Fellow at the University of Leicester (UK)
The main research areas of Alberto are industrial economics, public economics and economics of regulation. He has published articles in the Journal of Urban Economics, BE Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy, Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, Journal of Regulatory Economics, Journal of Economics, Journal of Public Economic Theory, Bulletin of Economic Research, and Annals of Regional Sciences.
Alberto has advised numerous governmental bodies, including the Italian Energy Regulatory Authority, the Italian Ministries of the Economy and the Infrastructures, as well as private firms sucha as Telecom Italia, Infostrada and Autostrade per l'Italia.
Alberto has a magna cum laude degree in economics from the Università di Roma "La Sapienza" and holds a MSc and a PhD in economics from the University of York (UK) and a Dottorato di Ricerca in Economics e Istituzioni from the Università di Roma "Tor Vergata".
- “Market Structure, Countervailing Power and Price Discrimination: The Case of Airports”, Journal of Urban Economics, 74, pp. 12-26, 2012. (with J. Haskel and T. Valletti)
- “Regulating unverifiable quality by fixed-price contracts”. The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, 12(1), 2012. (with B. Cesi and E. Valentini)
- “Technology and incentive regulation in the Italian motorways industry”. Journal of Regulatory Economics, 35(2), pp 201-21, 2009. (with L. Benfratello and P. Valbonesi)
- “The quest for quality: a quality adjusted dynamic regulatory mechanism”. Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 17(4), pp. 1011-1040, 2008. (with G. De Fraja)
- “Pricing discretion and price regulation in competitive industries”. Journal of Regulatory Economics, 29(2), pp. 151-165, 2006. (with R. Sestini and E. Valentini)
Events & Presentations
Research Programs & Projects