Affiliation: CEIS - University of Tor Vergata
Address: via Columbia n. 2, 00133 Roma
Research Interests: Behavioral and Experimental economics, Environmental economics, Health Economics, Microeconometrics.
Matilde has been a Research Fellow of the Centre for Economic and International Studies since 2017. In April 2018 she received her Ph.D. from the University of Rome “Tor Vergata” for her thesis on applied environmental economics. She was Visiting at the University of Chicago (Dept. of Economics). She also served as teaching assistant in Economic policy and Macroeconomics at University of Rome Tor Vergata and Behavioral and Consumption Theory at University LUISS Guido Carli.
Before joining CEIS, Matilde collaborates with different national institutions (Ministry of the Environment, Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies etc) and Non-governmental organizations.
- Giaccherini Matilde, Joanna Kopinska, and Alessandro Palma. "When Particulate Matter Strikes Cities: Social Disparities and Health Costs of Air Pollution." Journal of Health Economics (2021): 102478.
- Giaccherini Matilde, Gilli, Marianna, Mancinelli, susanna., & Zoli, Mariangela. "Nudging food waste decisions at restaurants." European Economic Review, 135, 103722 (2021)
- Giaccherini Matilde, Herberich David H., Jimenez-Gomez David, List John A., Ponti Giovanni, Price Michael K. "The Behavioralist Goes Door-To-Door: Understanding Household Technological Diffusion Using a Theory-Driven Natural Field Experiment". National Bureau of Economic Research n.w26173 (2019).
- D’Amato Alessio, Giaccherini Matilde, Zoli Mariangela "The role of information sources and providers in shaping green behaviors. Evidence from Europe" Ecological Economics 164 (2019): 106292.
- Giaccherini, Matilde, and Giovanni Ponti. "Preference Based Subjective Beliefs." Games 9.3 (2018): 1-12.
Events & Presentations
The 5 most recent Events & Presentations
- 2019 - 24th EAERE Annual Conference, Manchester UK
- 2019 - 7th IAERE Annual Conference, Udine IT
- 2018 - 23rd Italian Health Economics Association (AIES) Annual Conference, Napoli IT
- 2018 – 5th EuHEA PhD Student-Supervisor and Early Career Researcher Conference, Catania IT
- 2017 - 23rd EAERE Annual Conference, Zurich CH
Awards and Grants
- EIEF GRANT 2018 - Giaccherini M. And Kopinska J. "Vax populi: social costs of fake-news on childhood vaccines”